Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dr. Steve Perry: IRA 2012


Have you heard of Dr. Steve Perry?  He is Principal of Capital Preparatory Magnet School located in Hartford, Connecticut.   He is also an author, speaker, and CNN contributor.  

Controversial! Inspirational! Thought Provoking! 
Dr. Steve Perry will make you uncomfortable, and not apologize for it!  He has his critics, but he is not afraid to address difficult topics in education.  I enjoy hearing what he has to say.

I need to be challenged, and this address at the IRA 2012 convention surely fits the bill.  Take a look and let me know what you think?


2 comments:

  1. Can't believe no one has commented on this speech. I am a former elementary school teacher ( I taught 8 years) that has been out of the field 9 years and I agree with so much that he says. I have struggled with figuring out what my part should be in the solution that education needs. I see how much more pressure teachers have and how so much of their own power has been taken away yet what can I- a homemaker and part time substitute teacher do to help? Personally, I see that teachers' unions have done more harm than good. I was tenured yet I felt everyday I was at work I had to bust my chops to be able to keep my job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting! His speech was really thought provoking! Whatever our part, we can make a difference by caring! Caring for the students and teachers we come in contact with each day. Finding our passion and using it to make a difference.

      Delete