Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Emperor's Egg Freebie

The Emperor's Egg Big Book: Read and Wonder Big Book

I really love this this book by Martin Jenkins!  It is adorable nonfiction!
There are great text features and interesting facts woven into a great story.  I also love the illustrations by Jane Chapman. 
This is my favorite penguin book.  It is funny and smart!
You can download an activity that uses the index, and a page to illustrate what they have learned about penguins


This would be a great book to compare with Tacky the Penguin 
Students can decide why one is fiction and the other is nonfiction!
Students will love both of these books!

1 comment:

  1. I love both of these books! (I think Tacky is everyone's favorite though...hehe) I never thought to compare them :) Have a wonderful rest of your day!

    Lisa :)
    Made In The Shade In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete