Thursday, September 8, 2011

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow


Here is a cute song to sing during the fall months!
"Dingle Dangle Scarecrow" is a children's song written by Mollie Russell-Smith (lyrics) and her brother Geoffry Russell-Smith
 (music) who are from England. 1964
You can hear it performed by The Speks here.  Add the motions I have listed below and have fun!


Lyrics for Dingle Dangle Scarecrow

When all the cows were sleeping   (crouch down and fold hands as sleeping)
And the sun had gone to bed
Up jumped the scarecrow      (jump up)
And this is what he said
Chorus: 
(arms out, use hands to show hat on head, shake hands then feet)
I'm a dingle dangle scarecrow
With a great big floppy hat
I can shake my hands like this
And I can shake my feet like that
When all the hens were roosting
And the moon behind a cloud    (use hands to make round moon)
Up jumped the scarecrow    (jump up)
And shouted very loud
Loud Chorus
When dogs were in the kennels
And doves were in the loft             (crouch down, hold arms up and move fingers)
Up jumped the scarecrow
And whispered very soft
Soft Chorus
Loud Chorus

0 comments:

Post a Comment