Friday, December 14, 2012

Pastries for Parents Brownie Recipe


We just had Pastries for Parents this morning at my school!  Parents enjoyed breakfast and a wonderful presentation on preventing bullying.  Getting this ready is part of my job!

I had requests for my brownie recipe and thought I would share it here on my blog!

Peanut Butter Cup Crunch Brownies

Bake one box of (Ghirardelli) brownie mix in a 9x13 baking dish for 20-25 minutes.

Remove from oven and top with :
1 to 1 1/2 cups chopped Reese Cups (scatter over the top surface of brownies)
1/2 cup salted peanuts
Place in oven for 4-6 more minutes.  Remove from oven.

Combine in microwave safe bowl:
 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1/2 tablespoon butter

Melt in microwave.  It takes just a few seconds to melt!  Be careful not to burn.
When melted, add 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies.  Stir and pour chocolate mixture on top.

Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving!

My family loves to take these to work over the holidays to share with others!  They cut beautifully and you never have any left!

Merry Christmas!



0 comments:

Post a Comment