Monday, October 24, 2011

Just Write

October 20th was the National Day on Writing over at the NCTE. Teachers were asked to participate and write on that day.  I thought a lot about writing.  Mainly, why I don't write.  (Well, since I have been blogging, I have written more.)  I worry about punctuation, messing up, embarrassing myself, fearing that I won't sound smart enough, or worse yet, appearing too high and mighty.  Maybe no one will like what I write.  Oh my!
I thought about what I have told students in class.  I decided that I am a hypocrite.  Yes!  I told children this morning that they can be authors.  That they can write poetry.
So, here is what I am going to do about it!  My own writing on display for the world to see.  I am going to "just write".

Just Write

It rises up inside of you
In spite of you

Those feelings in your heart
Will help you leave your mark

On a world that needs to hear
Your voice, My voice

Just write 
Tell the world
Who you are




Sandi








0 comments:

Post a Comment